Thursday, October 22, 2009

Photo Essay Explanation

Oct. 23rd - Colonia, Yap
Sweet! Finally was able to borrow a computer that can post pictures - the internet here is soooooo slow, and my 'new' computer so poor at holding wireless connections, that this just hasn't been an option since the last time I posted photos. I hope you all enjoy getting these glimpses into what my life's been like in Micronesia, but if not, no sweat. I love putting them online any-dang-way.
So, this picks up after the previous one stopped. We've got placement day, then pics from the sakau night I described earlier, the hike to see Japanese guns from WWII on my host family's land, getting ready for & going to church, walking to training in the morning, water safety day (put on a lifevest, start a boat and don't drown), couple photos of interesting shirts at training (mine was given to me by my host father), my last days at 'home' in Pohnpei, a pic of us coming back from a rope swing our last day in Madolenihmw, and then the travel day to Yap.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment