Saturday, October 3, 2009

Back by popular demand...

it's a mailing address post! Ah-ha yah! I've made it to Yap proper (my way-point for the next five weeks - six total including this past one) for Phase II of training. Though I'll only be here for about a month and a half, this new mailing address will be my permanent one for the rest of my time in Micronesia. All my mail will go to the Peace Corps PO Box in Colonia, Yap and then be sent out to me on the state ship that wanders on out to Woleai once each month. Sometimes, though, a seven seater airplane will head that direction and the staff in Colonia will make sure our mail is on that flight. Oh, and those flights aren't regularly scheduled, so no guarantees on when they'll happen. Without further delay, you may send your many and frequent letters to:

Eric Porter, PCT (PCV as of Nov. 6th, 2009)
PO Box 190
Colonia, Yap FM 96943

Oh, yeah - so another trainee told us about asking friends and family back home to send letters with favorite/funny memories involving her and whoever is writing to her. Kind of pick-me-up letters she can read through out her time here, and I thought that was a great idea. So if any of you out there are willing, I'd love you to do the same. Long or short, just some shared experience we've had described in your words would mean a lot. Thanks and be well.

P.S. Blog posts in the works: 'Three weeks flew by', 'Cultural Opposites', 'First week in Yap', Detailed descriptions of a couple fun events in Micronesia, and a photo essay to take us from the end of the last one up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment