Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'M BACK SUCKAS!

That's right, we've alighted on Yap mainland once again, and we may be here a little while. Quick turn-arounds from Yap to Woleai are pretty unheard of - though one is taking place right now. Unfortunately, it's actually too fast for us to take advantage of. The ship that brought us here is heading back out tomorrow. Our training doesn't even start for another two weeks (the Ulithi volunteer won't be in till then). So here I am. Back in communication with the outside world. You know what that means... an onslaught of reading material.
I figure I can go about this one of two ways, slowly post material from the past two months to kindly reacquaint you with reading my tribble, OR I can just slap it all up in one quick posting frenzy, freeing myself from future obligation. Oh yeah, it's a selfish moment right now.
A little explanation will accompany this bombardment, though. I pretty much failed at the whole 'writing blog posts regularly' plan. I wrote three while I was in Woleai. One about the ship ride, one comparing Boise to Woleai (during a little depressive/missing home bout), and one recapping my first month or so on island. Well, I'd also been keeping an electronic journal of sorts since I got to Yap for the second phase of training. I keep this 'thoughts' document up very regularly and a little after one month in Woleai, I realized it had taken over for both my hand written journal and my blog. So, that is to say, I have a ton of short notes from the past couple months to share with you now. Take your time, wade through them, see what you think.
I hope you all are well, and I desperately look forward to hearing from you during what looks to be a month on the mainland. Here's comes the two-month tidal wave of typing...

No comments:

Post a Comment