Saturday, September 5, 2009

I have arrived!


Wow, I can't even describe today. The best I can do is to say that I've been thinking and talking about joining the Peace Corps since I was a freshman in college (a scant seven years). Now, I've actually DONE it. I'm an official trainee, have officially landed on the Micronesian island of Pohnpei, had my first official training session, and am officially EXHAUSTED. Like I said, the words coming to mind at this point cannot adequately express that which I'm experiencing. So take another look at my first glimpse of the FSM, and maybe that'll help convey this feeling.

4 comments:

  1. I suspect the surreal-ness will only increase from here on out for quite awhile. Can't wait to hear more. :) --Atkins Roomate the Younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! We at the Stevenson Center are very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!!! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures and how that thesis project moves along. :) Enjoy the bliss and excitement!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete