Sunday, November 28, 2010

Nov. '10--On the Main, a-gain (Weno)

Now for some pics from the past few weeks. We've got shots from around Weno, of course: the office (my obnoxious hair-do), a hotel, pics from my host family's place (sunrise/sets and moon), and various places in-between. I went to another lagoon island, Tonoas, to meet the new volunteers, watch them swear-in and hangout with the PCV from my group stationed there. Also went to Eot, a small island that one of the PCVs who is just about to finish his service is placed on. A big group of PCVs and Jesuit Volunteers went together as a sort of Thanksgiving celebration. Be warned, we buried one guy in the sand, made him into a mermaid and gave him very voluptuous breasts. The final photo is of a jelly fish sting I got. You can hardly see it, and I could hardly feel it (wasn't sure it had actually happened). Fitting, no? Not pictured are the week I spent substituting at a local private high school on Weno, meeting with reps from the Chuuk Mental Health Department to discuss some collaboration between our offices, three straight days of submitting stool samples to a clinic here for my mid-service medical exams, or my new application - a 3D model of the human brain with labels and fairly in-depth overviews of each lobe/function area. It's badass.










































No comments:

Post a Comment