Sunday, November 21, 2010

October '10 - Houk: The Return

Holy Houk! Let's start with Houk Constitution Day, including my host cousin Stan sporting a bra and machete while conducting songs. Whoo! Having a constitution, yeah! Quick pics of the following feast and men's circle (a rarity on Houk, as it is a 'dry' island--we drank yeast, brewed STRONG). Follow with a walk around the island--primary interest = baby coconut crab. Check out my room. Then a back-to-school bbq, which they called the 'Farewell BBQ'. Go figure. Photos from around my family compound and the island finish this picture party off, including my 'weight room' (the assorted metal/concrete items in the yard), a miniature tree made from wood shavings and coconuts husk fibers, church and community center shots, my cheeky and ultra-traditional loincloth photo, school photos and some cool looks 'round the is-land.































No comments:

Post a Comment